Embedded Tech Lead to Cryptera
Do read on if you are a passionate Embedded software developer or Embedded Tech. Lead!
Cryptera is in the midst of an exciting and thrilling transition period – going from a traditional hardware/ software enterprise now wanting to explore and develop the vast possibilities within IoT Security.
We are looking for an experienced Tech. Lead!
As part of the embedded software team you will make intuitive high-level decisions for our embedded software development with the aim to bring our IoT and embedded security solutions to marked.
Based on requirements and inputs from Product Management you will see the “big picture” and ensure alignment of the technical direction for software design, implementation and guide the development team. Your time will be split between coding and other essential tasks such as, setting the technical direction, lead the team and support PM, HW team and CTO.
You have a background as a developer and know how to write code and what good quality code looks like. You are able to support the R&D team with any technical challenges they face.
Cryptera´s R&D department is divided in the embedded software team, a Java team developing our Secure Provisioning System and a hardware team which designs the hardware for Cryptera´s own security products. All teams are filled with team members who are passionate about their work and who love to write code while having fun, in a creative and informal environment where there is room to try out new technologies and concepts.
We practice Agile development with scrum/sprints, and are proud of our Continuous Integration setup, which ensures that every commit is automatically tested in target. We use Confluence, BitBucket, Jira, Jenkins, Yocto as part of our development tool box.
- Collaborate with Product Management, the Hardware team and Sales to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software.
- Communicate all concepts and guidelines to other members of the development team.
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design, of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and project management.
- Support the Sales department in talk with customers to explain the technical aspects of our solutions.
- Design and development of embedded SW in C & C++ in our CI environment.
- Contributing to continuous improvements of development processes and ways of working
- In collaboration with the CTO define SW development, test and quality strategy.
- In collaboration with project management ensure estimates and progress.
Your backgroundYou have proven experience:
- from technical leadership skills, leading and guiding a team.
- as embedded software developer coding in C, C++, Python and python scripts. Preferably knowledge of embedded Linux and Yocto,
- in understanding software quality assurance principles
- with Microcontrollers/Microprocessors/U-boot, TEE or Secure boot
- with Scrum, Confluence, BitBucket, Jira, Jenkins, Continuous testing and Integration.
- English skills (orally and written)
- Security chip such as i.mx8 family or ST
- Secure design, Industrial cyber security and IoT (security) standards e.g. ICE 62443
- Cloud Computing (IOT devices communicate well with the “Cloud”).
- Communication and presentation abilities and not afraid to do a presentation in front of colleagues and customers.
- You have the soft skills to make a technical team collaborate and work in a Scrum environment
- A technical and curious mindset with great attention to detail