JAVA Tech Lead
Do read on if you have the desire to impact and develop usable, sustainable IT systems.
Cryptera is in the midst of an exciting and thrilling transition period – going from a traditional hardware/ software enterprise now exploring and developing the vast possibilities within IoT Security.
We are looking for an experienced Tech Lead to strengthen our Java team and help build our future security solutions
As part of the SPS “Secure Provisioning Solution” software team, you will make key decisions for our Java & software development with the aim of bringing new features and updates to our SPS , which runs on Linux.
Based on requirements and inputs from Product Management you will see the “big picture” and ensure alignment of the technical direction for software design, implementation and guide the development team.
You must be passionate about software architecture and design, but still with a desire to code. You may have several different backgrounds and perhaps an education as an engineer, computer scientist or other technical education.
Cryptera’s R&D department is divided in an embedded software team, the Java team developing our Secure Provisioning System and a hardware team which designs the hardware for Cryptera’s own security products. All team members are passionate about their work while having fun, in a creative and informal environment where there is room to try out new technologies and concepts.
We practice Agile development with scrum/sprints, and are proud of our Continuous Integration setup, which ensures that every commit is automatically tested in target. We use Confluence, Git, Jira, Jenkins as part of our development tool box.
Responsibilities for the JAVA Tech Lead
- Clarify overall features and requirements in close dialogue with the customer, project manager, Product Management and the team
- Make key decisions for the system development and ensure alignment of the technical direction for software design.
- Communicate all concepts and guidelines to other members of the development team.
- Develop quality software components according to specification in our CI environment.
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design, of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and project management.
- In collaboration with project management and the team ensure estimates and progress.
- Contributing to continuous improvements of development processes and ways of working
7+ years as a full-stack software architect/developer and familiar with the classic java stack and the well-known architectural patterns.
- Been working with Java, Tomcat, Maven, REST
- Experiences with Scrum, Confluence, Git, CI and continuous testing.
- Get the right stuff done and take responsibility for what you do and how you do it.
- A technical and curious mindset with, like to learn new things and have fun.
- Like working in teams, and engage with your team, being part of an organization where you can make an impact
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
It will be an advantage if you have one or more of the following skills:
- Knowledge of cryptographic algorithms and protocols including Public Key Infrastructure
- Communication and presentation abilities and not afraid to do a presentation in front of colleagues and customers.
- You have the soft skills to make a technical team collaborate and work in a Scrum environment
Cryptera is a Danish, privately owned, Security & Payment technology company. We are experts in the field of encryption, certification and secure provisioning – and have been for more than 30 years. Cryptera is the obvious go-to-partner in making the implementation of electronic payment solutions easier for international as well as national clients. Cryptera offers a full Security Platform including hardware, software and services to protect sensitive information, using cryptographic methods and secure processes. The company has approximately 50 employees all based on its HQ in Glostrup outside Copenhagen.