IoT Security Tech Lead to Cryptera
Do read on if you have the desire to impact and develop a new business area within IoT security and have a passion for software development!
Cryptera is in the midst of an exciting and thrilling transition period – going from a traditional hardware/ software enterprise now wanting to explore and develop the vast possibilities within IoT Security.
We are looking for an experienced Tech Lead to strengthen our IoT Security team and help build our future products.
As part of the embedded software team you will make key decisions for our embedded software development with the aim of bringing our IoT and embedded security solutions to market.
Based on requirements and inputs from Product Management you will see the “big picture” and ensure alignment of the technical direction for software design, implementation and guide the development team.
Your time will be split between coding and other essential tasks such as, setting the technical direction for the SW team and support Product Management, HW team and the CTO.
You have a technical and curious mindset with great attention to detail and love exploring new technological solutions and concepts. You are passionate about security and wish to take active part in shaping our products and will be a key sparring partner for Product Management in deciding technical viability of products and projects.
Cryptera’s R&D department is divided in the embedded software team, a Java team developing our Secure Provisioning System and a hardware team which designs the hardware for Cryptera’s own security products. All team members are passionate about their work and love to write code while having fun, in a creative and informal environment where there is room to try out new technologies and concepts.
We practice Agile development with scrum/sprints, and are proud of our Continuous Integration setup, which ensures that every commit is automatically tested in target. We use Confluence, Git, Jira, Jenkins, Yocto as part of our development tool box.
Responsibilities for the Tech Lead
- Be knowledgeable about relevant technical areas that may support our future business opportunities
- Contribute to Embedded security requirements and design specifications.
- Communicate all concepts and guidelines to other members of the development team.
- Develop quality software components according to specification in our CI environment.
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design, of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and project management.
- Be an active sparring partner for Sales and Product Management on technological concepts and details for new and existing products
- Support the Sales and Product Management department in talks with customers to explain the technical aspects of our solutions.
- Contributing to continuous improvements of development processes and ways of working
- In collaboration with project management ensure estimates and progress.
7+ years of software development experience with embedded systems/real-time environments, preferably developing security focused systems
- At least 3 years’ experience working with embedded security, cryptography, secure boot secure update (OTA) and secure storage.
- Strong knowledge of embedded Linux (preferably Yocto)
- Good understanding in how to architecture secure software solutions.
- Experience with ARM chipset and firmware security (ARM Trust Zone and Trusted Execution Environment)
- Knowledge of cryptographic algorithms and protocols including Public Key Infrastructure
- Embedded software developer coding in C, C++ and Python
- Experiences with Scrum, Confluence, Git, CI and continuous testing.
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
It will be an advantage if you have experiences or knowledge from one or more areas within development of secure devices, e.g.:
- Experience in solving common challenges related to security within IoT from the embedded device point of view, e.g. as relates to secure provisioning, device management, edge computing and cloud usage
- Knowledge of particular chip security features such as those utilized in the i.MX8 family, Nvidia or ST
- Experience from a security minded market sector (e.g. automotive or medical devices)
- Deep understanding of network concepts including TCP/IP protocol stack, HTTP and IoT protocols such as MQTT, CoAP etc.
- Technical knowledge of cryptographic hardware, key management and certificate management
- Experience in working with security for industrial IoT, e.g. working with the component parts of IEC 62443
Preferably you hold a Master’s degree within computer science, information technology, electrical engineering or IT Security and Cryptography (Cryptology) and have some years of experience from a similar environment as described above
- Communication and presentation abilities and not afraid to do a presentation in front of colleagues and customers.
- You have the soft skills to make a technical team collaborate and work in a Scrum environment
- A technical and curious mindset with great attention to detail
Cryptera is a Danish, privately owned, Security & Payment technology company. We are experts in the field of encryption, certification and secure provisioning – and have been for more than 30 years. Cryptera is the obvious go-to-partner in making the implementation of electronic payment solutions easier for international as well as national clients. Cryptera offers a full Security Platform including hardware, software and services to protect sensitive information, using cryptographic methods and secure processes. The company has approximately 50 employees all based on its HQ in Glostrup outside Copenhagen.